The White Squirrel Saddle Club is an organization founded in the 1950’s. The purpose of the club is to promote interests in horses and riding among the youth and adults of the region. To educate members and non-members in horsemanship, care, conditioning, feeding, and training of animals. And, to encourage safety, etiquette, and the humane treatment of animals among members and non-members.
The Alvin Musgrove family was active in the equine industry and became one of the White Squirrel Saddle Club’s founding members. Alvin Musgrove left a 55-acre tract of land to the city of Olney for recreational use which included horse-related activities. However, due to developments in and around the donated area, the saddle club was offered and approved a location change by the city of Olney to a 40-acre parcel of land near East Fork Lake. Since that time it has been a beehive of activity. An arena has been erected, trails have been cleared and developed, campground facilities have been established for members, and a club house was built on the site for meetings. More recently, a cook shack was been added to the grounds.
The East Fork Trails is located just over the East Fork Lake Dam on North Silver Road on the north side of Olney. During the spring, summer and fall many activities are offered by the club – including trail rides, horse shows, a Tractor show, and calf roping – The East Fork Trails are still a beehive of activity!
It is the aim of the White Squirrel Saddle Club to develop a long standing facility in which the city of Olney and the surrounding area can be proud. A spot we can call ‘Home of the White Squirrel Saddle Club’ with pride.